Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sizzling in the Kitchen! And Burning To A Flat Oddly Shaped Thingo...

I found this video while I was ever so productively surfing Youtube :3 I didn't make it, but a standing ovation to the person you who pieced it together - what a beautiful ode to ne of my favourite characters of all time! *wipes away a tear from eye* I'm so emotional! No actually, I'm as emotional as a brick.

Today I'm really happy, because I got my birthday present which was a Madonna's Ray of Light piano book I've been hankering after for quite a while. Oh cruel world, at last me and my book have been reunited!
Shut up you twat *slaps myself*
Today I shall banter on about something that is very stupid: failing....
(please click on the title for more!)

I tend to have a reputation of someone who is an okay artist amongst my awesome friends. I'd lose that tiny reputation if they knew what my early painting days were like.
Day 1: Today I decided I want to do a self portrat.
Day 2: Today while planning for my portrait hat was going to be ever-so-awesome, I decide to do a monochromatic portrait. For those who have not been awesomized to know what this is, it's like you do the whole painting with one colour.
Day 3: I decide to do mine with various shades of blue, as this is the colour of a cool and calm temperment, with calm passion underneath and also intelligence, as I had a GROSSLY distorted view of my own abilities. Come on, I mean I'm awesome, but I'm not THAT awesome, some of the people I know are awesome -er than me!
Day 4: Yours truly starts the painting.
1 hour later: Yours truly, by some miraculous power manages to slather blue paint on every imaginable surface including hair and face, but the canvas lies blissfully empty. It reminds one of the pure white colour of a page in your workbook when you don't want to do your homework. It is so pure and empty it drives me to tears of PIOUS JOY.
3 hours later: I manage to create a STUNNING image of a blue blob on the canvas. Success!
Next morning: 'Papa! Where is my painting?'
Papa: 'The blue blob? I thought it was supposed to go in the rubbish!'

=='' yes, but it's good that I never gave up on painting, because it is AWESOME. And plus, it's an excuse to act like a kid again!

I like to speak in such a way as people think I'm an evil genius who is plotting to take over.
But as with most cases, I tend to fail. SPECTACULARLY.
I remeber walking with a friend once. My friend was just saying something random and natural, and I wanted to say 'Yeah, right, okay.' Instead I quickly checked myself in time, saying 'My, my, yes indeed.'
Everything would've been PERFECT had I not tripped over at that very moment, falling face-flat onto the ground. Ouch.

Another thing I cannot do to save my soul: cook.
Heaven save anyone who is standing near the kitchen when I'm in there. Once I tried making chocolate cupcakes out of a delightful recipe. Ah, the joys of baking!
The cakes kind of exploded in the oven. The fire alarm started cheering me on.
Father was NOT AMUSED.

So, you see, failure paves the way to success :) Damn, is it just me or do I hear a burning smell coming from the kitchen...Verdammnt, the fire alarm! Cheerio!




1 comment:

someone somewhere said...

Those cupcakes.. =="
Do you think you could upload any pictures of your paintings and artworks? TT TT i'm dead serious btw..