Dear SB,
Congratulations on being selected for this token of appreciation for being one of the few people who actually have a healthy degree of self respect (unlike *cough cough*)
I'm glad that I don't have to talk about some cheesy and bimbotic day like 14th of Feb or first day of Spring. Nah, it was a cold and gloomy business day. :)
As you know, large numbers of cheesy pink postcards get circulated around those aforementioned dates so this being the low season is a good time to write this addressing you.
But unfortunately due to cheese being in high demand, prices are high, and from first impression I reckon you are a fan of economy. Please don't be disappointed because I can't send you any cheese.
How do I phrase this...
Well, the first time I saw you I was like 'Kesesese...I am SO much more awesome than you.'
When you started talking, I was like 'For heavens sake...for my sake...FOR YOUR SAKE SHUT YER MOUTH!'
Yeah but I admit ye' are blessed with what we call 'the gift of gab'. Honestly, you're the first person I've met who can talk straight for 10 minutes. I sat behind you and every time you flipped one of your precious pages and proceeded to read out a mini essay I face - palmed.
And frankly speaking, it was the way you talked that was your golden point.
You were so serious about the whole business, so methodical; so to - the - point. Boys are always like 'women make a big fuss about saying one simple thing', but really - I know a random guy who twists and turns things and I am sick and tired of that. You were frankly scary and magnificent at the same time, and when you finished talking, I wanted to clap.
And then afterwards, I thought you'd be like that: confident, maybe a little aggressive and scary and a big talker - and if you were, I'd probably have punched you in the face and started crying; I've had enough of those. But nah - for once the Awesome Me was wrong. You were soft - spoken and looked up and instantly down, and generally gave off the feeling that you were nice.
And those things, my friend, are hard to find in today's world.
Or maybe it was just me scaring you. I do tend to have that effect on people :) Either way, I reckon we could've been pretty good friends.
I just wish I had the foresight to ask your name.
Congratulations on being selected for this token of appreciation for being one of the few people who actually have a healthy degree of self respect (unlike *cough cough*)
I'm glad that I don't have to talk about some cheesy and bimbotic day like 14th of Feb or first day of Spring. Nah, it was a cold and gloomy business day. :)
As you know, large numbers of cheesy pink postcards get circulated around those aforementioned dates so this being the low season is a good time to write this addressing you.
But unfortunately due to cheese being in high demand, prices are high, and from first impression I reckon you are a fan of economy. Please don't be disappointed because I can't send you any cheese.
How do I phrase this...
Well, the first time I saw you I was like 'Kesesese...I am SO much more awesome than you.'
When you started talking, I was like 'For heavens sake...for my sake...FOR YOUR SAKE SHUT YER MOUTH!'
Yeah but I admit ye' are blessed with what we call 'the gift of gab'. Honestly, you're the first person I've met who can talk straight for 10 minutes. I sat behind you and every time you flipped one of your precious pages and proceeded to read out a mini essay I face - palmed.
And frankly speaking, it was the way you talked that was your golden point.
You were so serious about the whole business, so methodical; so to - the - point. Boys are always like 'women make a big fuss about saying one simple thing', but really - I know a random guy who twists and turns things and I am sick and tired of that. You were frankly scary and magnificent at the same time, and when you finished talking, I wanted to clap.
And then afterwards, I thought you'd be like that: confident, maybe a little aggressive and scary and a big talker - and if you were, I'd probably have punched you in the face and started crying; I've had enough of those. But nah - for once the Awesome Me was wrong. You were soft - spoken and looked up and instantly down, and generally gave off the feeling that you were nice.
And those things, my friend, are hard to find in today's world.
Or maybe it was just me scaring you. I do tend to have that effect on people :) Either way, I reckon we could've been pretty good friends.
I just wish I had the foresight to ask your name.
Regards
The awesome me.

No comments:
Post a Comment