Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 1: To My Best Friends


Dear Best Friends (plural) Who Will Not Be Named,



To Best Friend Nummer Eins,

Ye' know, I have a saying, and it goes like this: Awesomes' attract.
We were two awesome people and according to my rule of thumb we clicked.
I remember when I was almost dying from grief when the sections were split up. And I barely knew you then. I was like 'Damn...how will I survive?'
But I did. Thanks to you.
I reckon that year I found out who my 'friends' were. Cat-fights, teasing, shouting...yeah. Some people turned pretty ugly that year.
The jerk started showing their true side that year. The evil arch enemy nemesis rival started to become more and more vindictive every day.
But one thing kept me coming to school everyday. Laughing with you.
We'd laugh at the most pointless things, and laugh at the chicks that would cry just to show off to the boys.
We'd laugh at the boys who only cared about racks and how 'fair' the lass was.
We were pretty much awesome together.
And  I call you names, and I lose my temper. I get angry and stuff.
But just so you know...I wouldn't exactly bother wasting my energy devising new names for you and getting angry if I didn't think you were worth it.
I just wish...that when I fell, you could've caught me. I wish, when your days were dark I could be there, standing with a bloody lantern going 'Man up, you twerp!'
I s'pose you don't always get what you want in life.
I raise my cup of tea to you.

Your fellow idiot,
Me.
To Best Friend Nummer Zwei,

Sometimes I reckon we should've been sisters, but then I shrug it off. Nah...we'd get into fights all the time, we're so similar. 
We do have subtle differences and that's what makes us pretty special. I reckon you're my only friend who knows how I'm feeling just by reading my IMs, and that's saying something in today's electronic gadgetastic world.
I love how how threaten to rearrange jerk's face in when I cry about them. I revel in how marvelously you can make me feel happy from sad in the span of 5 minutes. I adore how you know what makes me tick, literally.
And let;s just be sure about one thing: no jerk is EVER going to break our friendship.
Your sister by life,
Me.

1 comment:

dontjudgeibite said...

You're really awesome! Thanks very much <3