Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wimpy made Cool Again!

Heavens, I really wish I had one these T - shirts right now :3

First big screen event of 2011 :)
Rachel and me (or is it I/myself?) went to watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules. If you've seen the first movie or read the books you'll probably know what it's about:
Slapstick comedy and laughs.
And, of course made about a thousand times more attractive by Devon Bostick.
Look, I don't exactly go for the juvenile delinquent smart - Alec, but I've got to admit, Bostick shines in his slapstick role as Rodrick, horrible, mean and nasty big brother to Greg.
The movie centres on Greg's brotherly relationship with Rodrick...which doesn't exactly go too well, but actually pulls off in the end.
I didn't actually hear of Bostick before I watched the first part of the series, and I have to admit, he pulls the somewhat cliche role beautifully. Like...come on, I don't think any of the boys I know would be able to pull off eyeliner and look good too.

It was a pretty hilarious movie. Normally not really into the slapstick genre but it's always okay to go watch a movie which attracts an audience of little boys mostly aged from 7 to 11. You know...it sort of makes you forget about the wold in general - no serious plots about the apocalypse or no high - school cat-fights - just plain gags.
Zachary Gordon was pretty fitting in his role as Greg Heffley. Facial expressions, tone of voice - all beautifully  choreographed to make it a decent movie.
I really liked the part when him and Rodrick are sent to visit their grandfather at a retirement home, and Rodrick nicks Greg's diary and the trouble that ensues from that. It takes guts to run around in underwear and a pair of socks, Greg.

But I do  recall seeing Alfalfa attempt something of the same sort in Little Rascals, which is also on my list of 'Must Watch Before You Die':
Except the mention of the movie brings to my mind the slightly painful experience when we watched it in German without subtitles in a lazy afternoon German class.. ==''

***
We bought popcorn and drinks and Rachel went for this thing called a Choc - pop or top or glot whatnot - I CANNOT remember the name for the sake of me, but anyway it didn't matter because she kind of managed to lose it even before we got into the theatre. What a noob. =='' But then again it was partly my fault because my drink was spilling majorly.
But you have to thank her for paying for the popcorn and drinks :) And plus she had the initiative to plan the thing unlike yours truly..

Another screenshot of Rodrick:
Seeing Bostick in Rodrick's shoes gives me hope for a dream that one day, one day a live - action Hetalia movie will be released. Appearance wise Bostick could probably be Romano
But personality wise...Prussia seems good. Although as an actor Bostick should be able to fit into, well, any role he pleases...but I personally would find it extremely odd if he was super - friendly Spain after seeing him as Rodrick.



1 comment:

ReikoLuvz, ♥ said...

RACHEL AND I. OHEMGEE YOUR TERRIBLE GRAMMAR -facepalm-

Bostick is a funny surname (sounds like some glue brand)... but I likey 8D

And you made a good point. Don't think any of the boys you see on the streets would be able to pull eyeliner off so nicely. =_= He reminded me of Adam Lambert for a minute LOL.

AND PUHLEAZE IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT MY CHOCTOP WENT TO WASTE fmapgimlsdnkknvjznlfsjdnfoiajepirmqketmlkdmlckznxvpiwerpiwe actually it was the idiot who overfilled the coke's fault but I shall just blame you :D

Bruno Mars is at Luna Park tonight! Hope I'll be able to hear it from my balcony D: