Just came back from dinner in a bad mood.
Holidays are always wont to transform my mood to that of a ferocious, half-bat-half fish monster's rage.
During dinner, yours truly was endeavoring to have a nice, flowing conversation with Parents (I'm not a glittering conversationalist for nothing). One of my own personal issues is how I never seem to be able to please anyone.
I'm either too trusting, or too suspicious.
I'm either too enthusiastic, or too cynical.
And when I described this to the parents, they're like 'Yes, we know...hypocrisy and balance is the key.'
Um, how does hypocrisy tie into this again?
I believe myself to be a sweet person, to quote Jerk. However I just cannot stand being agreed with. I really makes my blood boil and my insides churn.
And when I wanted this to be explained, parents just said 'you already asked that; and therefore we don't think it necessary to explain it again.'
Then I said 'fine fine, I won't ask again!'
And THEN the say 'ah...no. That's where you're wrong'
Okay. Lets get one thing straight. I very rarely talk about these things to people. When I do, I talk because I want an answer. I do not want to be told that I'm wrong every time I want an answer.
Us kids will always be misunderstood. We will misunderstand our kids, and they'll misunderstand their children. It's just a fact of life.
Is it wrong to be so against a fact of life though?
***
And what is it with all these proclamations of love everywhere I go?
I log on to Facebook and see this photo of two people standing really awkwardly together, the young gentleman with an expression that states 'HELL YEAH! Having a girlfriend will make me a legend!' and the lass going 'Who. Is. This. Guy. And. I. Want. To. Shove. The. Camera. Down. His. Throat.'Love is like a unicorn. It's pretty but it doesn't exist - and yet it can still poke you.
Wow. Congratulations to the photographer. You have SKILLS.
You successfully took this horrid photo without getting mauled by the lass.
And to put the icing on the bitter cake some random comments 'Wow! Awesome couple!'
Someone needs a brain. And NO, I am NOT talking about myself!


1 comment:
:D
Post a Comment