Ach! That date, everywhere! The idiotic Hetalai calender with the quirky picture of Feliciano, the proper calender in the living room, the computer, everywhere is screaming 14TH OF FEBRUARY.
No...not again..not THIS day...
It's not THAT bad, I s'pose..but I feel that it's a teensy bit too overrated. Now, I s'pose all the cute couples are banging their fists at the screen, but hey...aren't couples supposed to love each other like, oh, I don't know, every day of the year? You don't exactly plan on forgetting your special liebling all year round, then boom - suddenly this day comes along and you hand them a bunch of roses and a stuffed toy. Oh. gee, thanks. Didn't know you had it in you.
I used to know a boy who would act as though I was stone statue all year round. His brain only came into real-world mode at around exam time, when he could badger me for help with his studies. As soon as the bell rang for the hols, he'd revert to the simple, uncomplicated belief that, alas, yours truly is none other than a stone statue. Ignorance really is bliss.
Image taken from http://www.zazzle.com/anti_valentines_day_cards-137390295864010731 After being taken as an emotionless statue, I kind of went off this idea of lurvee, at least for the moment, and decided to take up an unbeaten stance as a cynical valentine's card-burning freak. Ahem. I know, I'm so productive :)
So what did I do today to celebrate this auspicious date? I played break up songs on my lovely piano. Really, my lovely piano Ludwig is the only real romance; never lets me down.
Some great songs to play if you're bitter on the 14th of February:
Now to the other question: why can't people be a bit more creative when it comes to giving valentines? It's the same all the time...the roses, the stuffed toys 'I love you' blah blah'...if you want to share it, THINK IT! Some ways that you can maybe show someone how you feel are:
No...not again..not THIS day...
It's not THAT bad, I s'pose..but I feel that it's a teensy bit too overrated. Now, I s'pose all the cute couples are banging their fists at the screen, but hey...aren't couples supposed to love each other like, oh, I don't know, every day of the year? You don't exactly plan on forgetting your special liebling all year round, then boom - suddenly this day comes along and you hand them a bunch of roses and a stuffed toy. Oh. gee, thanks. Didn't know you had it in you.
I used to know a boy who would act as though I was stone statue all year round. His brain only came into real-world mode at around exam time, when he could badger me for help with his studies. As soon as the bell rang for the hols, he'd revert to the simple, uncomplicated belief that, alas, yours truly is none other than a stone statue. Ignorance really is bliss.
Image taken from http://www.zazzle.com/anti_valentines_day_cards-137390295864010731 After being taken as an emotionless statue, I kind of went off this idea of lurvee, at least for the moment, and decided to take up an unbeaten stance as a cynical valentine's card-burning freak. Ahem. I know, I'm so productive :)
So what did I do today to celebrate this auspicious date? I played break up songs on my lovely piano. Really, my lovely piano Ludwig is the only real romance; never lets me down.
Some great songs to play if you're bitter on the 14th of February:
- Madonna's 'The Power of Goodbye'
- Coldplay's 'Viva la Vida'
- The Fray's 'How to Save a Life'
- Evanescence's 'My Immortal'
- Evanescence's 'Bring me to Life'
- Madonna's 'Frozen'
- Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata' (the first movement)
- Mike Posner's 'Cooler Than Me'
- Lady Gaga's 'Alejandro'
Now to the other question: why can't people be a bit more creative when it comes to giving valentines? It's the same all the time...the roses, the stuffed toys 'I love you' blah blah'...if you want to share it, THINK IT! Some ways that you can maybe show someone how you feel are:
- Paint their portrait!
- Dedicate a song to them, perform it
- Write a story or a poem for them! Doesn't have to be a love song or story, you just want them to have something they can treasure for keeps
- Give them an origami model! This has got to be one of the best ideas. Make them an origami rose, and tie it with a music score pleated. Origami roses can be trialed through these websites: http://www.bloom4ever.com/how-to-make-origami-rose.php
- video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpCN8_M5RAQ



3 comments:
LOL love this post but have to point out that you spelt Hetalia as Hetalai and it's calendar*.
But hey, when you're with some guy you really like you'll probs be all "WOOT IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!" and even though your love for each other should be the same as any other day it's just... special cos you have someone LOL okay don't know wtf I'm talking about I shall stop crapping now.
Anyway, what's so bad about it? It's just a normal day where you feel like sleeping in class. -w-
Do you think you can play a Linkin park song?? My eyes are really hopeful right noww!! hahaha..
As for Valentine's Day, hmmm// I REALLY don't know :S
Valentines day was awesome for me mate....
Spending the day with friends <3
Post a Comment