Friday, May 6, 2011

Lets All Go To Düsseldorf!



Okay, here I go with my running commentary on the Eurovision Song Contest 2011!

***
It's been a busy week, so I haven't been posting much lately. So what basically happened was:
-School started
-exams jumped on us and mauled us.
-my science assignment got handed back and it said 'what difficulties did you experience?'
-I got addicted to horrid coffee :\
-I almost met SB but turns out it was parallel Sb :(
-Sarah, Emma, Rachel, Ashleigh and Olivia got carted off to music camp
-apparently the food was horrible
-the food back home was horrible because I can't poach eggs to save my soul
-I bonded with Nettie over my adorable Sims!
-Rachel and me cooked lasagne in science
-EUROVISION 2011 IS ALMOST HERE!

I just had a look at Hungary's entry, and it looks like the top contender fur mich! Poland's Jesten is pretty catchy too :) but I don't see how it would differentiate itself from the other entries. Hungary's slow ballad is really something fellow fans might look forward to!
Poland!

Estonia...magic? O..kay...

Russia looks pretty polished this year with a catchy tune by Alexey Vorobyov. I suppose after the drop of last years ballad they opted for dance beats...then again, ballads were sehr common last year :\


Georgia looks pretty up there this year which a rock/soul piece. Last year Georgia pretty much won everyone over with Sofia Nizharadze's Shine, a beautiful ballad. Wonder if this year the rap will repel or attract?



The UK was never a strong Eurovision competitor in most people's opinion, but lo and behold - this year, they're going with a pretty smooth piece which is a nice change from last year, phew!

But Ireland? Last year was so clearly qualit, but REALLY conventional...I don't know quite what to say for this year's entry...very Adam Lambert-ish though :) (and a hell lot of hairspray, gentlemen)

Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

someone somewhere said...

Ahahahahahaha.... I'M ADDICTED TO KOHII TOO!!! >< >< ><~

I really can't help it.. I'm not even letting go of coffee candies~ =="