Saturday, May 7, 2011

Eurovision 2011 - Think Beyond the Satellite


Germany lacks variation :(


Today I looked up Germany's Eurovision entry for 2011.
Does Germany not have any other singers?
Why is it Lena Meyer - Landrut again?

Last year Lena won the whole contest with her cute poppy piece Satellite, amid half of the world wondering what had just happened, and the other half rejoicing.

I congratulate Lena and Germany for her victory..and I think she deserved it. Eurovision 2010 was pretty much dominated by soulful ballads, and Lena's generally out - of - place but noticeable performance actually made people sit up and listen to something different.
Shying away from the usual glitzy Eurovision fare of backup dancers and props and wearing a simple black dress, her unique accent (sounds suspiciously Cockney to me) pulled 246 votes from across Europe and support from fans across the world.

But what we're wondering is, what's the reason behind Lena being chosen again?
Lena is performing 'Taken By A Stranger'. It's a good song...but will Germany be able to pull of a second victory in the same way?
Lena's performance, although in the same style set, features her as a noticeably mature singer.
I havn't decided which country I am going to grace with my AWESOME support yet. Although Lena seems pretty polished up...I can't help but point out that I was ever-so-slightly jealous of Alexander Rybak kissing Lena twice after her victory last year.

All the best to Lena and Germany!

***

Weird food choices? Utter randomness? Elephants on the second floor? Visit Like a Candy - a mixed bag of suspiciously mysterious ideas!

1 comment:

someone somewhere said...

Oh woww.. Have you heard 'Stereo Love' by Edward Maya and Vika Jigulina? It's pretty cool. They are Romanian. :)