Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Doctor Will See You Now


Dear Dr Black Jack,

My first anime crush was you.
I never saw such a character.
Probably never will.

When I first saw you, I didn't think too much of you. Ah...I wasn't amused. Scar and crazy bandicoot/raccoon hair, cape and all, you looked like the type who wouldn't mind doing anything for money. Of course you loved money...and who doesn't? Yeah, welcome, my silly self, to a world where everything was not as pretty as it had been in every other anime. At last.


Well, you had the knack of growing on one, and I grew to love you and Pinoko. I grew older...and started to understand th more deeper and elusive meanings behind the once simple storylines. I got hold of Black Jack 21, and both your movies and the OVAs.

Frankly, you were my idol - and still are. I'm not saying I want to be a badass medical genius like you...but the values, your moral code was one that seemed to me a very special philosophy. How you liked money, and yet refused to take money when you thought that you hadn't earned it rightfully, how you kept up the mask of coldness and yet still cared, how you had the philosophy of 'I'll respect the person who respects me'. I loved how you said in one episode 'Stop putting us doctors on pedestals'...and I thought, so right. We think of some certain people as not human...but doctors are human too. Give them a break.

I feel so sorry for you and Megumi :( but maybe it was just never meant to be, eh? I actually prefer you as a solitary, lonely figure. And Pinoko as your adopted daughter is so cute!


I'd love to meet you if it were possible. Although I have quite a solid feeling that it would be really hard to get along with you...we probably won't get along.

Regards,
Me.
***
If anyone wishes to see this AWESOME anime, please do not hesitate! Here is a fanmade trailer for the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b--5eyMutj0
The movie is a bit grislybut really good, no violence, but medically grisly. he first and second seasons are entirely faint - heart - friendly!

No comments: