Saturday, September 3, 2011

System Failure Imminent


Eh...finally managed to overcome procrastination without having a burnout.

  • English blog thingo 
  • English poem techniques thingo
  • Music composition
  • Chess notation
  • Maths practice
  • AC2
  • Practice German speech
Well, I'm doing the music work now, but at least I'm doing it, right? And anyway, I can only do so much because I don't know what Olivia would think/want. Eh, this week is going to be on mass overload beep beep warning system failure imminent.



The English stuff was just homework, although the blog entry on Laura Chase from The Blind Assassin should help in the finale exams (which are coming nearer noooooo). The work on the related text should be hepful too. But my related text is so graphic! T_T It's 'Mental Cases' by Owen. I've always found Owen to be extremely graphic; last year we had to do war poetry and he was in there, alongside Tennyson's glorified depictions. Strangely enough, the poem we got in the exam was a Ted Hughes LOL. =_='' But graphicness always pushes the message right across the board. Like those graphic anti - smoking awareness adverts...statistics show they were a ton effective than the usual anti - smoking fare. Owen's poem is really good. War really is madness.

Chess notation for the upcoming comp :s noooooooo. Were so going to fail - I'm sorry if I come across as having no faith in the team, but I don't feel that we can do anything :\ or at least I can't do anything. Those sample questions just about killed me inside. 

German can wait. It's not that bad. And how would I practice for listening anyway? I just need to go over my 1-minute speech LOL.

Maths~ I wish, I wish...I wish.... arghhh. So dead for the upcoming maths exam. I confess, I'm not exactly crash-hot at factorising quadratic equations. Noooo, why is everything that's due piled up in one bloody week? :\

Played AC2 today and finally got through to the last mission in sequence 8...or 9? I forgot. Anyway, I finished the freaking unnecessary carnevale games stuff and now I have to 'assassinate the Doge' to finish this sequence. The games were so hard...Capture The Flag and the timed race through the checkpoints just about killed me. I had to keep on restarting and rebooting memories.

LOL at the Russian text.

***

Friday was a sharp contrast to the rest of the week, which was crap. 
Maths was...great...but harmful I guess? Teacher was away so everyone just sat where they wanted to and complained just how screwed they were for the exam. But we all actually did work. I myself got through the graphs chapter review. Science was .....better than science. I got a morale boost when random people complimented my presentation style :3 and we watched a Stephen Hawking video on the beginnings of the universe.
It was a beautifully made video. But to me, strangely enough, I found the narration by Hawking wonderful. There was a part where he was talking about gravity and the apples...and the robotic voice contrasted with the the apples and stuff, and I guess I found that intriguing?
Science - I guess it runs in the family. I recall reading a science fiction book by Hawking's daughter, and it was beautifully written.

History elective was The Return of the History IRPs. I ACTUALLY DID SO WELL YEAHHHH *EPIC FISTPUMPING* Sorry, I got a bit carried away. In fact the whole class did epically well. Not surprised because all the presentations were A-1. Like, seriously.

Geography was working with Mattie and Isobel on the geography surveys. I personally think that doing three surveys is going a bit over the cliff...but lets see where we go from here. It's nice to have someone else who does the organising in groupwork :)

After that went to Rachel's house and it was so awesome, like seriously. Dumped our stuff and went to have expensive fish and chips which was not that awesome but on the plus side they had garlic sauce which is a rarity here :O Talked about random things and came back, and Rachel suggested we play Guitar Hero.

My drumming career suffered a premature death on Friday.

I already know my coordination skills are far from impressive. We actually managed to get through Pretty Vacant by the Sex Pistols (only because it was a Sex Pistols song and they are like, awesome). Then I got paranoid and we ended up at the theatre like 30 mins early. Emma turned up just before seven, followed by Ashleigh and the rest of the class. There was no sign of Olivia...and Joyce came!



The performances were all technically good. I just didn't agree with all of them. In fact I yawned through most of the show, not because it was bad or anything, but because the week had just caught up with me, and the comfortable chair and everything was making me sleepy. Tried to tear the program to distract myself but apparently Emma was so horribly bothered by it...so intolerant, Emma -.- If you were me you'd learn to live with it. 

What the hell...A just asked me whether I 'can ever live without the jerk'. Rage!









No comments: